UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Nov 2020, 4:24 pm   #1
celticones
Diode

Default Mcmichael duplex four.

Hello all, i have a Mcmichael duplex FOUR with torn grill cloth, and i wish to replaace it.
i have removed the chassis and am trying to figure out how to remove the speaker from the grill to replace the cloth. The speaker is a paper cone. Can anyone offer advice on how to proceed.
Thank you
jim
Old 24th Nov 2020, 5:39 pm   #2
cathoderay57
Nonode

Default Re: Mcmichael duplex four.

Details concerning how to remove the speaker are included in the service data available here https://www.service-data.com/product...74/4875/s13674 . You can also access this link by searching on McMichael Duplex, or look for service data for other sets, by clicking the banner at the top right of the current Forum Web page. Cheers, Jerry
Old 25th Nov 2020, 1:48 pm   #3
celticones
Diode

Thanks Jerry,
i have the service cd, indeed a great publication.
i must have missed it, i will check it out again
Best regards
jim
Old 25th Nov 2020, 5:31 pm   #4
cathoderay57
Nonode

Hi Jim, on the version of service data that I have got there are photos showing removal of the speaker in stages, including unsoldering the centre pin from the cone attachment at the back. Looks like care will be needed to avoid damaging the cone. Best of luck with it. Cheers, Jerry
Closed Thread