UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2021, 3:17 pm   #1
Mister T.
Triode

Default Collaro RC456 & RC457

Hello. Please can anyone explain the difference between the Collaro RC456 & the RC457 record changer?
Many thanks.
Old 3rd May 2021, 5:36 pm   #2
peter_sol
Octode

Default Re: Collaro RC456 & RC457

It has to do with the way the it works when the manual lever is used.
I'm not sure of the exact details.
Old 3rd May 2021, 5:56 pm   #3
electrogram
Heptode

I think on the rc457 when manual is selected the drive tyre for cycling is locked so that it does not come into operation when when the start control is operated, so t he deck is then completely manual, cycling does not commence at the end of a record. On the rc456 when manual is selected the turntable starts but cycling does not commence but at the end of a record cycling starts as normal
Old 3rd May 2021, 6:04 pm   #4
peter_sol
Octode

More info.
The RC456 manual lever starts the turntable and you put the arm on the record by hand. the arm returns to the rest and unit switches off after record has finished.
The RC457 Manual lever enables the start /stop knob to act as the manual control and putting the manual lever back to auto makes the start /stop knob become the auto and reject knob again.
All somewhat difficult to explain. Trust Collaro to be awkward
Old 4th May 2021, 11:57 am   #5
Mister T.
Triode

Thanks so much for your very prompt and helpful answers re. my Collaro RC 456 & 457 queries.
I've used the RC457 at various times and can confirm the operation of the auto/manual selection is exactly as you mention. However, never having operated a RC456 I was unaware of the differences.

It now all makes perfect sense. Thanks so much, again.
Closed Thread