UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:36 pm   #1
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Revox A77 Audio connect short .

Im having an issue with an A77 , I bought it with "no capstan working" , so did the usual checks , and found that the 21v supply was only showing 1.4v , I removed the red lead (AD1) from the 21v supply and it came back to 21v and the capstan worked no problem .

I`ve gone on and if I pull the blue wire (AD2 Audio connect board) from either end , the 21v returns and I get the capstan back .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I`m assuming there is a short on the audio connect board somewhere but all the caps are checking out ok (short on the board but fine out of circuit ) and I cant seem to find anything else short

Thanks in advance .
Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:49 pm   #2
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Re: Revox A77 Audio connect short .

UGH......never min it was one of the caps . (307)
Closed Thread