UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:11 pm   #1
CHRIS_F
Tetrode

Default Hitachi TRK-510ER

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what size the belts are for the Hitachi TRK-510ER?

My two kids aged 8/9 have took an interest in my old radios/computers so we bought a broken TRK to take the door off, the radio is working and we tested the cassette with a cassette adapter and the sound works but the belts have turned to rubbery mush, I have a couple of questions though, firstly what size are the two belts? secondly how in gods name do we clean the perished belt from under the capstan pulley (is that what it's called) and thirdly A general question, when the belts are replaced how do you know if the pinch roller is still up to it's job, I also have a few old spectrum computers that chew tapes and I think it may be a bad pinch roller, causing the tape to ride high, I have seen a few expensive belt/roller kits from Germany online but it looks like the rollers are riveted in anyway if they are defective how can you change them.

Regards,
Chris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	178793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5856.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	178794   Click image for larger version