UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2006, 7:53 pm   #1
Andrew c
Tetrode

Default Restored Bush TR 106p

Hiya all this is my finnshed Bush TR 106p this little radio was in a sorry state the case was broken and dirty but the chassis was working some switch cleaner cured the crackely switches. the radio was completely stripped and cleaned and a crack in the top was repaired with super glue the handle was removed and resprayed with plasticote brass effect spray paint and the badge and the button fronts got the same treatment and the radio was reassembled and it now looks as good as it sounds

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0304.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	5535   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0305.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	5536   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0307.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	5537  
Old 19th Sep 2006, 8:13 pm   #2
howard
Nonode

Default Re: Restored Bush TR 106p

Hello Andy,

Thats nice, well done ! I cant see the superglue repair at all and that Plasticote brass paint, which Ive used myself, looks good too ...

I've not seen one of these Bush transistor sets up til now.

Howard
Closed Thread