UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jan 2020, 3:21 pm   #1
SimJam56
Diode

Default Truvox PD104 circuit

Hello All,
I'm a new member to this forum but have it very useful in the past as I am keen on vintage restoration of tape recorders and other electronics, amps tuners etc.
I am currently restoring two Truvox PD104 units. One was in good condition electrically but broken casing, the other poor in all respects. I have repaired the mechanics, woodwork and some of the electronics but I am having problems fault finding as I have no circuit diagrams for these units. Some of the heads being Bogen have gone, (now replaced), but in one instance, on record both channels work at first then on fades away. Other problems also occur.
Has anyone got or know of where I can obtain the circuit diagrams? I am happy to pay for these if required. The Truvox machines are very well built and deserve the repair.
I did look on Vintage Radio Service Data, where I got mechanical service info, but no circuits.
Thanks very much.
Old 26th Jan 2020, 5:44 pm   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Truvox PD104 circuit

Try the American Radio History website. In Tape Recorder (Studio Sound) there were both servicing articles for the 100 series and a review of the siliconised PD202, with a circuit diagram, which is very close to the 100 seies apart from the change of devices. Date about 1969...
Old 26th Jan 2020, 6:29 pm   #3
SimJam56
Diode

Default Re: Truvox PD104 circuit

Ted,
Many, many thanks. I had used the American history website before but looking in the UK section.
For future users reference, the date is March 69.
Closed Thread