UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Sep 2017, 10:45 am   #1
george_hither
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig Como 4 radiogram repair

Hello All,

I must confess to being completely new to the restoration game - I picked up a beautiful Grundig radiogram and want to bring it back to life. It looks like a como 4 model, but I'm not 100%.

At present it picks up Capital FM and radio 4, but is extremely crackly. The turntable doesn't work at all.

Does anyone have any tips on how to start work on this please? Any help much appreciated.

Thank you
George
Old 6th Sep 2017, 3:15 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig Como 4 radiogram repair

Not the easiest thing to cut your teeth on! The chassis is densely packed and the autochanger will have been made by Philips and these are quite difficult to fix. You might do better to get some hands-on help.
Old 6th Sep 2017, 9:55 pm   #3
george_hither
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Grundig Como 4 radiogram repair

Ah, may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Thanks Edward, I'll let you know how I get on. Looks like it's Capital FM and R4 only for now!
Closed Thread