UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Apr 2018, 4:59 pm   #21
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: Teppaz 3310 More car booting....

I do love French engineering (and no, I am not being sarcastic). They often seem to have very ingenious designs.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 5:36 pm   #22
Hartley118
Nonode

I think that a visit to France should be mandatory in every engineer's education, if only to realise that there's always a different way of solving a design problem!

Martin
Old 19th Apr 2018, 6:58 pm   #23
Wishiknewmore
Hexode

I hope that I have the turntable sorted, thank everybody, my concern now is the cartridge /stylus, the cartridge that came with the set fits, but it looks like it is "notched" to rest in a particular position and I would assume that this would be so that the stylus was perpendicular to the record, this one seems to be exactly 90 degrees out. (see picture)
The options seem to beits either wrong cartridge for this set or the notched mount at the end of the arm has been turned?
It does look like someone has had a go at turning the notched mount either successfully, with the wrong result or just chewed it slightly and failed possibly meaning that the cartridge does not belong to this set
The notched end looks as if its plated brass pressed into the cast (white metal) arm, which I am not keen on trying to move!

Suggestions?

Philip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7657.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	161387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7658.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	161388   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7659.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	161389  
Old 19th Apr 2018, 7:48 pm   #24
mark_in_manc
Octode

I can't see what on the cart engages with that slot. I can see why you don't want to try to turn it and wring the end of the arm off. If all else fails, perhaps you could cut another slot at 90 deg to the existing one...but too early perhaps for drastic action just yet!
Closed Thread