UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jun 2018, 7:30 pm   #1
Voxophone
Hexode

Default AVO Megger B131 LCR Meter Fault

Hi All,

Not really sure if this qualifies as vintage, but I recently picked up an AVO Megger LCR meter (model B131). Unfortunately it has a fault which causes it to display a 'Fuse' notification and disable the keypad, despite there being a good fuse present in the holder.

I suspect the previous owner must have applied a voltage or charged capacitor to the inputs and damaged something internally. The fuse in the unit is obviously not the original as the wire is extremely thick (definitely more than the recommended 10mA). I suppose it must have been blown at some stage. There doesn't appear to be any obvious damage to components or PCB tracks.

Looking around online I've found the user manual for the meter, but no circuit diagrams or component lists which might help with a repair. Does anyone happen to have anything like that for this meter, or any experience repairing LCR meters generally?

It's not a big deal as I paid very little for it, but it would be good to get it working nonetheless.

Liam
Closed Thread