UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Apr 2015, 12:09 am   #1
MickeMan
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips LFH 0095 Special Memo Dictaphone

Hello everyone.

I've been sharking around the flea markets for vintage electronics and I stumbled upon the Philips 0095 Special Memo Dictaphone, complete in its case with manual, and funny as it seems to me, I cant seem to find any real info on this specific model. I dont know if its the correct case, havent found a picture anywhere. The only lead I have is a similar, Norelco LFH 0095, sure it looks like it, but the colors are wrong and most importantly the brand.

Can anyone help me out?

I'd also know if theres any value in this.

Thank you very much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smaller.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	107194  
Old 19th Apr 2015, 4:22 am   #2
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips LFH 0095 Special Memo Dictaphone

Norelco was the brand name Philips used in North-America, so that isn't wrong. There will be a few minor technical differences, and the /00 or other model number suffix will be different, indicating a different destination country and/or said minor technical differences.

The case certainly seems correct to me. The recorder will fit in the left compartment, one or more mini tapes will fit in the right compartment.

A Philips branded example can be found at http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philips...ial_lfh00.html

Searching the web also turns up a few ebay auctions to get an idea of the possible monetary value. The value is, as with most mass produced items, only a few euros unless you find a collector who has no patience and missed all recent auctions.
Old 19th Apr 2015, 10:39 am   #3
tri-comp
Heptode

The Service-Manual with all technical specifications is available foc here:

http://freeservicemanuals.info/en/se...ilips/LFH0095/

Just click on the typeno. below the Philips Brand-name.

rgds,

/tri-comp
Old 19th Apr 2015, 2:09 pm   #4
camtechman
Nonode

The hard case you have is correct, these came with retail purchased machines.

However, for OEM purchases (bulk bought by companies) they were only supplied in a single printed carton and a vinyl slip case could be bought as an accessory.

By the way, if you aren't familiar with these machines, they weren't capstan drive they were rim drive, although this wouldn't be noticed in use.
Old 19th Apr 2015, 5:16 pm   #5
MickeMan
Retired Dormant Member

Thank you for your replies. I can see some good info from the links you gave me, but which year was it made? That information seems missing. Theres no date anywhere, not even the manual.
Old 20th Apr 2015, 11:02 am   #6
tri-comp
Heptode

If you're in luck there will be a production-date on the LF-output IC TA300.
Look in the service-manual on page 30 showing the dual-sided PCB.
IC1/TA300 is just below the round cut-out, made most likely to give room for the speaker-magnet. The Speaker-magnet may also hold some code related to production.
It may be possible to interpret the production-codes and estimate the production-date of the recorder, likely to be within a year from that.
You have the users-manual and there is also a good chance it's marked with a production-code on the back-page.
Then there's the dual-sided PCB and the special non-Philips style of drawing the schematic diagram.
I would say this is common from the early/mid 70'ies or so when Philips really started to outsource the production of cheap consumer electronics.
Your dictaphone seems to be made in Austria and not the in the Far-East.
That's why my guess of early 70'ies.

rgds,

/tri-comp
Old 20th Apr 2015, 11:19 am   #7
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

The Radiomuseum link offered in post 2 tentatively suggests 1969.

Nick.
Old 21st Apr 2015, 11:52 am   #8
ben
Dekatron

I have one of these. It's an aethetically updated LFH0085. That model I believe originally came out circa 1969. The one above almost certainly dates from circa 1970-1973.
Closed Thread