UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jun 2017, 9:31 am   #1
elektronikfreak
Retired Dormant Member

Default National Panasonic SG 3090L + Epicure Microtower M75

Hallo my friends,

I have just bought a National Panasonic SG 3090L and a pair of Epicure Microtower M75 loudspeakers.

Picture of the National Panasonic SG 3090L + Epicure Microtower M75

The seller is the biggest auction company in Scandinavia specialized at bankruptcy companies and estates (when someone has died and the relatives want to sell everyting including the house/apt).

LINK TO THE OBJECT (auction has ENDED!!!)

I just paid SEK200.- (ca £18.-) for the stereo and speakers. It's a bargain if everyting works.
My question is if you know where I can get owners manuals and service manuals? Any opinion of the stereo and speakers? The only thing I know about the equipment is that it's probably manufactured/sold in the late 1970s.

I know that these National Panasonic sets that include an amp, turntable, tuner and cassett recorder isn't the same quality as the Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. brand TECHNICS produced. But maybe it's a collectrors item?

Sorry for my bad English.
Old 25th Jun 2017, 11:16 am   #2
percival007
Heptode

Default Re: National Panasonic SG 3090L + Epicure Microtower M75

Service Info here...............
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li.../sg-3090.shtml

Free to join, no affiliation to the site, just a happy user.

James.
Old 25th Jun 2017, 2:11 pm   #3
sp10mk11
Octode

Hello
well done on getting a very high quality music centre from the speakers, these were well built and designed systems, I cannot comment on the speakers but looking at them they should out perform the originals easily.
Turntable belts will be readily available as will be a replacement stylus, the cassette deck belts may take a bit more effort to source.
providing you are reasonably experienced with this sort of equipment it should present no problem as regards servicing it.
Good luck
Gary
Old 25th Jun 2017, 4:17 pm   #4
paulsherwin

The speakers are particularly interesting: http://www.humanspeakers.com/e/epimodels.htm#micro
Closed Thread