UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jun 2017, 7:41 pm   #1
tin0gauge
Tetrode

Default Fujiya Radio Phonograph weird speaker connection

I was searching through history on this stereo record player and radio, and I found that Nigelr2000 had a query back in 2007 about the connection from the built in speaker to the bolts holding the handle. I have recently acquired a similar record player and low and behold there are the same connections ! this does not make sense at all, perhaps I have the same player that has been in circulation, it looks like someone has added a 3.5 mm jack socket on the back to plug in the separate speaker, Anyway if Nigelr2000 is still around on this forum I can provide some help as mine is complete and with the stereo speaker that nicely clips onto the back of the unit. it is called the Fujiya's transistor radio phonograph and a small plate says 10 transistors. From early 60's. Mine had a short circuit which turned out to be one of the electrolytics shown in my photo attached between the output transformers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fujiya transistor portable radio phonograph inside under repair.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	144904  
Old 23rd Jun 2017, 10:35 am   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Fujiya Radio Phonograph weird speaker connection

That speaker connection sounds like a nice bit of lateral thinking for an external speaker connection using croc clips! I suspect the two clips are far enough apart to make shorts very unlikely.

Looks like a solidly built beast with real plywood involved.
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread