UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2022, 6:26 pm   #1
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Wink Forum update mile/gravestone

To mark the passing of time, I'll record that since the last forum update my BlackBerry Q10 browser has finally become unable to view the site. I wonder if I can receive it as morse code instead to bring myself up to date?
Old 2nd May 2022, 7:13 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Forum update mile/gravestone

The forum works on most lowest common denominator browsers. It doesn't need Flash or JavaScript. I vaguely remember that Blackberry have closed some central server which may be having an effect.
Old 2nd May 2022, 7:24 pm   #3
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

I discovered the shutdown of the server the day before it was due to occur when I read about it on the BBC website back in January sometime! Luckily it doesn't really affect anything except mapping and the anti-theft service. I have noticed more and more websites are becoming inaccessible, but the 'phone, e-mail, excellent 'Blackberry Hub', Telegram, texts and camera are just fine.
Old 2nd May 2022, 7:55 pm   #4
paul000
Tetrode

Supposed "progress" isn't always good...
Old 2nd May 2022, 9:37 pm   #5
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

On the taxi-out PA, some airlines used to remind you to switch off, or activate Air(o)plane on your mobile phone or Blackberry, as if they were different in principle. If the latter required an extra platform for the browser to work, perhaps they were right.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:02 pm   #6
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Before writing the browser off, it’s worthwhile clearing cache and old web browser data but not passwords.
Clears many web surfing problems.