UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Oct 2022, 12:50 pm   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Offered and Wanted sections purged

I have deleted all threads in these four sections that are over 90 days old.
  • Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)
  • Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required)
  • Repair and Restoration Services Wanted
  • Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements
The reason for this was to reduce the number of attachment files stored on the server. The current hosting has a maximum number of files allowed, and although we were still a good way off, it was sending me notifications.

Most attachments are stored as two files, the original (or resized) file and a thumbnail file. By purging those sections (which tend to have quite a lot of photos) down to 90 days it has removed nearly 65,000 files which, at the current rate of increase, is at least a year and a half. Adding some other tweaks by the hosting company, we should be good for around 3 years before it becomes an issue again.

I will however purge those four sections periodically, as there shouldn't be anything of long term use in them.

I didn't run the option to update post counts so hopefully your post counts aren't affected by this.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 4th Oct 2022, 2:49 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Offered and Wanted sections purged

I should have said that if anyone did have a thread in those sections that was still an open offer or request but was over 90 days old and is now deleted, please post it again.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread