UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jul 2022, 12:47 pm   #1
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Why was my reply changed?

I replied to a thread yesterday regarding hum on a Dansette I used an analogy to demonstrate what I was saying " To expect a Dansette to sound as good as a Hacker would be like comparing a Mini to a Rolls Royce" Or words to that effect.
Today I notice that the analogy has been removed.
I realise that discussion of vehicles is forbidden and I understand and accept that, there are many forums for cars and the like. But surely it's not forbidden to even mention cars? That seems very harsh moderation, bordering on censorship.
If that is the case and to even mention vehicles is strictly not allowed why is the discussion allowed about outside broadcast vehicles ? surely that is a van ?
It seems to me no harm in my comment I didn't discuss cars at length I just mentioned them in passing!
I would really appreciate an answer....
Old 24th Jul 2022, 1:12 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Why was my reply changed?

Rule F4: Discussion of motor vehicles is prohibited, but discussion of radio, audio and associated equipment and electric clocks fitted to vehicles is allowed. You may post image and details of vehicles in the service of radio manufacturers and dealers, TV detector vans, BBC, ITA and Post Office Telephones vehicles and the like, but technical details of the vehicles themselves must not be discussed.

In combination with :https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=177297

These sorts of comparisons are likely to result in discussions about the vehicles and are rarely helpful.

Cheers

Mike T
Closed Thread