UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2015, 2:56 pm   #1

Default Font change?

The font looks different today, is it me (you never know what updates do to your computer) or has there been a change.

Old 15th May 2015, 3:05 pm   #2
Humber888
Heptode

Default Re: Font change?

Nothing obviously different here.

Mike
Old 15th May 2015, 3:51 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I think it must be at your end. The text here looks the same to me as it always has.
Old 15th May 2015, 4:44 pm   #4
Station X

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinmaxwell View Post
The font looks different today, is it me (you never know what updates do to your computer) or has there been a change.
At the risk of teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, have you perhaps inadvertently changed the font size? Press the CONTOL and ZERO (0) keys at the same time to restore it.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 15th May 2015, 5:45 pm   #5

I haven't changed the size, the CTRL ZERO trick is new to me and remembered! Seems to be that Chrome has decided a more 'Apple' like font is what the users want, it is my end.

Old 15th May 2015, 7:35 pm   #6
paulsherwin

The forum software hasn't changed.

Most websites don't tightly specify a given font to use - this is bad practice and causes compatability problems. Instead they specify basic font metrics and allow the browser to select the most appropriate font from the choices available. It's normal for sites to look slightly different with different browsers and OSs. Sometimes a new version of a browser will cause some of the default fonts to change.
Old 15th May 2015, 7:51 pm   #7
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

That's interesting. The forum always looks a bit different on my parents' PC to mine, even though they're basically running the same OS and browser.
Closed Thread