UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2019, 6:36 pm   #1
rrherbert
Diode

Default Radiomobile X80 Car Radio

I have a Radiomobile 80X Long/Medium Wave Radio fitted to a 1968 Jaguar 240 that I am renovating, i would like to use this Radio in my finished Vehicle, but unfortunately Long and Medium Wave signals are no longer available, so I am considering using either a Smartphone or Ipod Nano to supply the sound, any Ideas how I can connect these to my Radio.
Old 9th May 2019, 7:24 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiomobile X80 Car Radio

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=87095

Long thread on just this sort of topic.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 9th May 2019, 7:34 pm   #3
crackle
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrherbert View Post
but unfortunately Long and Medium Wave signals are no longer available,
Who told you that, there are still lots of radio stations on MW and a few on LW. They may not be to your liking but they still exist.

But an "aux" in connection is a good idea and does not need to disable the radio from working as normal, and if done correctly is reversible so the radio can be returned to original.

Mike
Old 9th May 2019, 9:00 pm   #4
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Glad my notes on fitting an 'aux-in', along with other people's contributions on that subject are still proving helpful. A Radiomobile 80 or 80X is quite easy to work on, with one large PCB, though please be aware that, regardless of the radio's polarity, the 'cold' side of the volume control, to which the screen of the added lead connects is, in the case of the 80X, always negative.
Old 10th May 2019, 5:10 pm   #5
ekjdm14
Banned

Good to know there's plenty of options for these old car radios, I've just got a box of 5 or so, some Ford, one BL, a Motorola and I believe a Radiomobile of some sort too. Nobody else was bidding and I'd hate to see them go in the bin!

Always thought the presets were cool on these old pushbutton sets, will be interesting to get some of them working. I'll go and peruse the linked thread above now.
Closed Thread