UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jan 2014, 10:36 am   #21
Chiltern
Heptode

Default Re: Replacement stylus for a Dynatron Garrard mazurka sp25 Mrk 111?

If it is any help, I have an unused ADC stylus labelled K8 (pictured), and another labelled RSQ30.

PM if required

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ASIDSCN6247.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	87749   Click image for larger version

Name:	ASIDSCN6248.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	87750  
Old 22nd May 2019, 1:32 pm   #22
khazars
Triode

Default Dynatron Mazurka with Garrard deck

Hi all,

just a quick update. Finally got the Dynatron fixed, something always seemed to come up, like needing to buy a new mattress, fridge freezer or a washing machine!

Anyway, needed and got a new motor, women said I was lucky to get one. TT was fixed as frozen. Knobs and switches serviced! Rumbling also fixed, think maybe having the speaker too close to the deck causes feedback.

Anyway, all fixed for £60. Thanks to all who contributed in previous threads I started, couldn't reply to them as all now closed.

Maybe next take Nick's and DSJR advice and buy an ADC stylus, the one I have is ok at the moment but there is an ADC (Audio Dynamics Corporation): QLM32 MkIII Original Elliptical Stylus for £25 on Amazon.

Thx Niall
Old 22nd May 2019, 3:58 pm   #23
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron Mazurka with Garrard deck

I do not think fitting an elliptical stylus is going to give you any sonic imrovement in a budget hi fi deck such as the Garrard unit in your Marzurka.
Far more suitable for use in higher-end tone arms which can exploit this geometry better.
That's just my personal opinion of course and happy to be challenged on this.....