UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Dec 2014, 8:49 am   #1
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Magazine Exchange?

Hi All,

Has anyone here used this magazine exchange/selling service?

http://www.magazineexchange.co.uk/

The link was sent to me as an unsolicited advert, normally that sort of thing goes straight into the bin but I thought this was worth a look. It didn't appear to set off any anti-virus alerts with AVG.

Roger/G3VKM
Old 4th Dec 2014, 8:28 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Magazine Exchange?

Looks like a new start up with [theoretically] options not offered through other traders eg an option to donate or sell. Not much Radio related stuff apparently but that could change I suppose.

Tilleys in Chestefield have large stocks and are well established. I visited a long time ago and found that the brothers had a small shop leading into a very large Warehouse. They supply Universities [or used to pre-digital]. Now Uni's throw their librarys away!

I've bought items through Kelly books in Devon who hold large magazine stocks and they are very helpfull but of course, all these businesses charge realistic prices that may be a bit strong for us Forum misers
Hope that's more usefull info.

Dave W
Old 4th Dec 2014, 10:06 pm   #3
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: Magazine Exchange?

Thanks Dave,

I have quite a few vintage radio mags I want to dispose of, so might give these new people a try.

Cheers

Roger
Closed Thread