UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Oct 2018, 1:10 pm   #1
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default A77 Mk1 Tape guides

Can they be changed out for bearings ? If so how so the come off . I know there is a screw at the back of them but the front is just slipping , is there a trick to it ?

Thanks
David
Old 19th Oct 2018, 1:33 pm   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: A77 Mk1 Tape guides

Firstly, don't put a roller on the right - the friction of tape against the fixed guide surface filters some of the residual 50Hz pulsing of the take-up motor. To fit a roller to the left, you will need Mk2 or later end-caps and bolts - and don't forget the washers top and bottom. If you can grip the brass cap, the screw should release. Alternatively, a pin spanner in the dimples in the guide cap may give enough purchase to release it.
Old 19th Oct 2018, 2:29 pm   #3
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Thanks Ted , I have some Mk 3 ones . There are no " dimples" in these bolts but if that`s all that`s required I`ll get it out .

thanks
Old 19th Oct 2018, 2:39 pm   #4
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

All done , Thanks ted .
Closed Thread