UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Apr 2019, 7:53 pm   #21
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Re: Trying out JLCPCB

Very nice looking boards. I like the rounded corners!
Old 1st May 2019, 6:21 pm   #22
dominicbeesley
Octode

How much was the delivery and customs processing charges. I use pcbway and dhl charge a fortune for duty from china. Im interested to know if it is any cheaper from Hong Kong as opposed to the mainland.
Old 1st May 2019, 8:23 pm   #23
mole42uk
Nonode

The total was £1.57. I somehow got free shipping. The whole job was done in four working days - one to make the boards and three to fly them fro HK to the UK.
JLCPCB are offering their $2 / five prototype board deal so long as it's a two-layer board measuring no more than 100 x 100mm. If you go larger than that, they add an engineering charge as well and the price is a little more expensive. But still pretty much less than you could get on the UK.
I don't know how long the $2 offer is going to last, but it is printed on the packaging they use so I guess they mean to carry on for a while. I am redesigning my next project to use 100x100mm boards.

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:28 am   #24
dominicbeesley
Octode

Wow, I'll have to try them. PcbWay have been great but the shipping is fairly costly ~ $30 plus the massive surcharge for applying the pennies in duty that dhl and fedex apply! This was on some fair sized boards though!

D
Closed Thread