UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Sep 2015, 5:54 pm   #1
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Scophony Baird circuit diagram needed

Hello All, can anyone help me? I have a Scophony Baird,
http://www.vintagerecorders.co.uk/VR...age.asp?IDS=49
I have had it for a number of years and recently decided I would get it working, no sound output and lots of mains hum, I replaced almost all the non-electrolytic but the fault was still there, there is a mains ripple seen on the rectifier valve but I checked the smoothing caps and I tested the valve, removing it the amp side isn't working of course but the mains hum is still there, I now wonder if I connected a cap back in the wrong place.

Does anyone have a diagram for this? its the older version with the larger octal valves.

Many thanks.
Old 4th Sep 2015, 9:12 pm   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Scophony Baird circuit diagram needed

Isn't it in Hellyer's tape recorder Servicing Manual?
Old 5th Sep 2015, 4:04 pm   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Scophony Baird circuit diagram needed

I have the tape recorder's one but cant see a service manual, don't suppose you have a copy?
Closed Thread