UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Mar 2020, 1:40 am   #1
K.C.pye1958
Pentode

Default HMV 2011 pilot lights.

Hi I need to replace two pilot lights on my radiogram, ie to light up the red round panel for the radio channels.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this as I looked at the back panel and can't seem to find and easy way to replace them?
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 9:20 am   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: HMV 2011 pilot lights

The slotted back panel will have a couple of screws to remove and lift it out. You can then get at the bulb holders that are on the scale. The holders appear to be push fit but they have probably stuck with age. They could also break when removing them, depends on their condition. Bulbs are 12v 0.1A MES.
Unplug the power from the unit before any work, it’s also a live chsssis so take the usual precautions to keep it safe to use. The service info is in the service Data top of the page, it’s the R&TV one, shows a drawing of the back of the chassis.

Last edited by Station X; 23rd Mar 2020 at 11:50 am. Reason: Thread title edited.
Closed Thread