UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Mar 2020, 1:43 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default CT160's/AVOVCM's

Back in 2017 I had a "Free Standardised Valves" Forum thread running. I've now run out of 6AU5's & 6AQ5's, the last one plus its graph was sent to HPWOODY to help him with his problems. However, when I started the project, the caveat was that, when folk had used the valves & graphs & their testers were tickerty boo, they would kindly pass them on to other needy Forum folk nearby. Some folk I know, also made them freely available at BVWS Swapmeets. Well over 20 valves were sent out over the UK, and seemingly helped a lot of folk. However, since 2017 there have been dozens of AVO VCM/CT160 thread problems raised, and particularly in the last week or two. So perhaps past recipients might kindly consider passing on their valves, along with their spec & graphs, to more recent Forum folk who have valve testing issues( not just AVO's).
Me - I've no plans to start another free valve project, as I know that there are now several Forum chaps who have also built DC Test Rigs that can easily standardise many types of valves. And not just the wee CV455/491 ones as shown in the AVO Manuals.
Finally, I would say to folk with valve tester problems, &/or who are reluctant or inexperienced electronics-wise - - get in touch with the one or two BVWS/VRR&R folk who offer(for a fee) repair or calibration services - down south. In other words - if in doubt - don't fanny about.

Regards, David
Old 20th Mar 2020, 2:20 pm   #2
sven_swe
Pentode

Default Re: CT160's/AVOVCM's

Hi David,

I have standardised 6AQ5 valve originating from you that I can pass on to someone who is interested along with the graphs. I am located in Germany. Just PM me if interested.
Closed Thread