UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Old 12th Mar 2020, 1:47 pm   #1
nigelpritchard
Diode

Default Advance VM77C Manual Required

For years I've had an Advance VM77C Valve Voltmeter sitting around doing nothing useful so I thought I'd check it out. The meter needle spent a long time wandering around and especially after a bit of surreptitious tapping.

After pulling out all the valves and spraying IPA into the valve bases it is at least functional although it seems to be out of calibration.

It would be nice to have it running correctly. It looks like someone has been having a go inside in a few places.

Does anyone have a user manual and preferably service manual for this device?
Old 12th Mar 2020, 2:46 pm   #2
Alistair D
Octode

Default Re: Advance VM77C Manual Required

Scroll through this thread.

http://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/fo...d.php?tid=3256

It seems to be only schematics but at least it's your starter for 10.

Al
Old 12th Mar 2020, 4:59 pm   #3
Julesomega
Heptode

To scan the Advac VM77 manual is on my to do list. PM me and I'll scan the essentials now, or more likely tomorrow

It's good here
Julesomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2020, 2:39 pm   #4
nigelpritchard
Diode

Thanks to the above I have been able to get the calibration done. Well, to be precise, the cal pot is a bit iffy and at the true calibration point is less than perfect (close to end-of-track). It's just hanging in there at the moment after some IPA spray.

Given that pot replacement is likely to be a non-starter at it's age, the simplest solution might simply be to shunt the pot series resistor R20 (100ohms) with another resistor so that the slider works nearer to the centre of it's adjustment range.