UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Mar 2012, 5:07 pm   #1
Philips Fan
Retired Dormant Member

Default Mullard Model Number Survey

The following documents detail the official Mullard model numbers for 2000 -2003.

My thanks go to Barry (Red to black) for this valuable information:

http://www.philipstv.org.uk/blog/mod...number-survey/

Robert
Old 19th Mar 2012, 9:04 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Mullard Model Number Survey

Just in case, like me, anyone's wondering what this is all about, these are official Philips lists of which sets contained which chassis. Earliest listed seems to be c.1970.

Very handy, Robert. Keep up the good work.

Nick.
Old 19th Mar 2012, 11:02 pm   #3
Maarten
Dekatron

The lists are a great source of information, that's for sure Mullard, however, didn't have anything to do with them so I'd just list them as Philips Model Number surveys.

They also are a great source for some analysis, I couldn't resist anyway so here goes:

The oldest set in the list seems to be circa 1967, the years mentioned _might_ be the last year that a particular model was produced or some random year near to a year a model was produced in . It states on the title page that only colour sets are listed but it seems every B&W set after he F6 chassis is also listed. It also states every model is listed, however Australian models are indeed omitted (except at least one, try to spot it ), some German models, most Brazilian/Global Range models, most US models and maybe more.

Some model numbers don't belong to a TV set at all, but point to sattelite receivers, D2MAC decoders etc. It seems not all data from local Philips organisations was used; the lists were probably compiled from whatever data was available in the Netherlands and Singapore. Also missing are some model numbers that were produced for unrelated brands such as Pioneer.

Furthermore, since no brand names are mentioned it can be a bit of an effort to find the matching brand name or names for a given model number.

However, what's in the lists seems mostly accurate and certainly accurate enough to get a first impression of any listed model.

Last edited by Maarten; 19th Mar 2012 at 11:12 pm.
Old 19th Mar 2012, 11:15 pm   #4
Red to black
Nonode

There are also none of the UK specific models listed, ie. G6, G8 or G11 as far as I can see.

As Maartin said, there are some models that are other Brands, at least some Pye model numbers are listed, and not all of the models listed are applicable to the UK, or any other specific country for that matter, as the all important stroke numbers are not shown.

Some Models are listed twice as having two different Chassis fitted, but again this may be down to having two diffferent stroke numbers, which are not shown.

Also it gives no clue as to the length of the production run, or when a particular model was withdrawn, only an approximate date of introduction.
Still useful as a guide though.
Old 20th Mar 2012, 5:12 pm   #5
Electrical
Hexode

Please find attached a PDF copy of a Philips and Pye Model Identification List from 1970 to 1981. It includes both colour and mono sets and the chassis used in the particular model.
The list was published in Radio and Television Servicing 1981-82 volume.
Regards Stan.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Philips Model Identification 1970-81.pdf (312.6 KB, 277 views)
Old 20th Mar 2012, 5:14 pm   #6
Red to black
Nonode

Thanks for that Stan,

That fills some of the gaps in.
Old 20th Mar 2012, 5:14 pm   #7
Philips Fan
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Nick

Will do. My thanks to who assist by providing these data!

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickthedentist View Post
Just in case, like me, anyone's wondering what this is all about, these are official Philips lists of which sets contained which chassis. Earliest listed seems to be c.1970.

Very handy, Robert. Keep up the good work.

Nick.
Old 20th Mar 2012, 5:15 pm   #8
Philips Fan
Retired Dormant Member

Awesome Stan!

I'll get this on the site right away!

*edit* done http://www.philipstv.org.uk/blog/mod...number-survey/

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by valveman49 View Post
Please find attached a PDF copy of a Philips and Pye Model Identification List from 1970 to 1981. It includes both colour and mono sets and the chassis used in the particular model.
The list was published in Radio and Television Servicing 1981-82 volume.
Regards Stan.
Old 20th Mar 2012, 5:32 pm   #9
Philips Fan
Retired Dormant Member

"The lists are a great source of information, that's for sure Mullard, however, didn't have anything to do with them so I'd just list them as Philips Model Number surveys."

Thanks Maarten now changed.

Robert
Closed Thread