UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2021, 4:50 pm   #1
Antocann
Diode

Default Sharp vz 1560

I have a sharp vz 1560 and recently one speaker is making a blowing sound when turntable is in use , but all other inputs on the hifi are fine .

I replaced the stylus made no difference.
Would this be as simple as to just replace the cart and see if that does the job ?
Old 7th Mar 2021, 4:04 pm   #2
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Re: Sharp vz 1560

Don't think the problem is the cartridge, although I am not sure what you mean by 'blowing sound'. If the noise is a buzz or hum, then I would check the signal earth between the cartridge and input to the amp.
Dave