UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Mar 2017, 10:29 am   #101
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: Medium wave dying?

That's promising perhaps I should chase up the BBC or Arqiva about the low modulation level from the BBC R Wiltshire 1332Khz Lacock transmitter.
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 10:39 am   #102
GeoffK
Heptode

You could send an email to David Allat or to enquiries@arqiva.com rather than the BBC that do not seem to much to put things right.

david.allatt@arqiva.com<david.allatt@arqiva.com

Arqiva Limited. Registered office: Crawley Court, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 2QA
Old 4th Apr 2017, 9:51 am   #103
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.

I sent an email to David and got an immediate response back.
I checked the BBC R Wiltshire 1332kHz signal from the Lacock transmitter over the weekend. The modulation is sounding better with a similar volume level and quality as other AM stations.
Old 4th Apr 2017, 4:04 pm   #104
gezza123
Heptode

Well nothing dying here,
I just looked at my 2013 list and it has not changed, except I have a couple of new ones/updates .

First list is April 2013
Sec list is update February 2017

gezza123
Closed Thread