UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jan 2023, 3:50 pm   #1
Kevin Hoyland
Heptode

Default Pye 39 jH Radio

Well over Christmas i have been in the workshop with my grandson Peter He is 8 years old and we have been on the short wave 41 mts or 7.74 mcs listen to to stations from the USA . We have been listening on my Pye 39 J-H radio i have had this radio for a long time and its one of my favourite radios for SW. I have RCA AR88s Hallicrafters S36A and more but the Pye 39 JH has a 10" speaker and push pull so the sound is good from it. I have a magnetic loop aerial and a long 70 mt wire aerial. So why am i doing this post Peter was turning the tuning knob when the dial cord broke and said Grandad its not working so off came the back cover out came the chassis and when we looked at it the dial cord had disintegrated, so out came PaulS CD for the manual, i can not see one by Pye on the CD and the ones that are on it are sparse on information. So i left it over night and started on it the next day well the air was blue for the people that have worked on dial cords on radios will know its hard work and getting near to 70 the Hands do not move like they did when i was young. Can some one please tell me how long the dial cord is.
Thank You.
Kind Regards
Kevin
Old 5th Jan 2023, 4:28 pm   #2
Restoration73
Nonode

Default Re: Pye 39 jH Radio

77.625 inches.

Note that the manufacturer detailed info is on Vol 2 of Paul's disc set. Vol 1 was produced
some years back and more data is now available. Highly recommended.
Old 6th Jan 2023, 10:56 am   #3
Kevin Hoyland
Heptode

Default Re: Pye 39 jH Radio

Thank You .
Closed Thread