UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2005, 4:17 pm   #1
Ian Paul
Retired Dormant Member

Default Advance E2 Signal lead

Hi,
I just purchased one of these signal generators and all frequency outputs seem really accurate after all these years! I just need to make up a signal lead. Can anyone suggest something that will suffice for most alignment jobs?
Old 5th Mar 2005, 6:33 pm   #2
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: Advance E2 Signal lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Paul
Hi,
I just purchased one of these signal generators and all frequency outputs seem really accurate after all these years! I just need to make up a signal lead. Can anyone suggest something that will suffice for most alignment jobs?
I knocked up a dummy aerial for mine as per the circuit in the manual, which is just the same as the one for my later Advance B4A - the E2 is now on ebay - but this is slightly overkill - a 300pf and 390ohm in series, as Aerodyne Tony suggests in his excellent book is as good as anything. You need a coil to couple to ferrite rods.
E2s are excellent - I checked the calibration on mine last week, and it is virtually spot-on.
HTH