UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Mar 2005, 12:07 pm   #1
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default CT160 mains plug required

It has just arrived - mains lead missing, which I knew about, and set Vg control loose, but otherwise looks quite decent and still has original top cap lead.
Anyone got a mains plug or know of a source? I know I could fit a small Bulgin type plug, but wish to retain originality.
TIA
Old 18th Mar 2005, 6:17 pm   #2
Colin
Heptode

Default Re: CT160 mains plug required

Mike,

If it's the original mains socket on your CT160 I think the connector is the same as the one used on the Racal RA17 receiver. It may be easier to get hold of one of these than to seek out the AVO part.

HTH
Colin
Old 19th Mar 2005, 5:27 pm   #3
XTC
Retired Dormant Member

Mike,

I also believe the CT160 mains connector is the same as the one used for the RA17 (also the B40 and other military equipment). I can check, but it will be about a fortnight before I get the chance.

They sometimes 'turn up' at the swapmeets at prices from 50p to a tenner. It might be worth trying Colomor because they'd know whether it was the same and they might have some in stock.

Some people replace those connectors because they don't believe they are very well isolated.

Pete.
Old 19th Mar 2005, 7:59 pm   #4
Sean Williams
Dekatron

You are looking for a medium three pin plessey type F connector - common as muck!

I may have a spare here if you want it, failing that Michael Giacomelli (son of Colomor) has a lot of them - Ebay ID is MTG803 - the complete lead goes for about 16 quid.

Pm Me if you want me to go hunting

Sean
M1ECY
Closed Thread