UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jun 2007, 4:51 pm   #1
adibrook
Retired Dormant Member

Default radio rallies events etc

Dunno if this is the right section for this.

So...now that i finally have transport, i can come to one of these radio meets everyone keeps talkign about.

I'v allways wanted to go to one, but havnt had the oppertunaty yet.

So, how often do they happen? And where abouts are all the majour ones?

It would be cool to actually meet some of the people from here in person, and also of course have a look at old valve gear ad possibly buy some.

So, any ideas anyone? I'm in weymouth, dorset, but i dont mind travellign abit..the UK isnt that big anyway .
Old 13th Jun 2007, 4:55 pm   #2
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: radio rallies events etc

Look at the BVWS web site. If you are a member the next meeting, not too far from you, is Wootton Bassett on 1st July. Nice friendly meeting run by BVWS chairman Mike Barker. You'll see lots of forum members there but I can't make it.

PS: If you're not a member you can join at the door.
Old 13th Jun 2007, 6:32 pm   #3
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.

Hi Adi
As Jeffrey has said Wootten Bassett is most certainly the closest one to you, as it is for myself.
I hope to be going myself and hope you can make it there as well.
Old 16th Jun 2007, 10:34 am   #4
Gordon
Pentode

Hello Adi,

The West of England Amateur Rally will be held on 24 June (next week) at Frome in Somerset - not too far from you.
Although mainly ham radio it covers old junk/domestic radios/computers/electronics/ etc. Have a look at:

http://www.r-clarke.org.uk/rally1.htm

Cheers,

Gordon.
Closed Thread