UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Mar 2018, 6:49 pm   #1
Alans27
Retired Dormant Member

Default Panasonic Walkman belt replacement.

Gents, I’ve got a Panasonic Walkman that requires a new belt. I’ve got the belt, I’ve got the mechanism out of the Walkman and I’m currently looking at that mechanism which has the entire circuit board attached to the back of it. Thing is, I need to get that circuit board off in order to change the belt and I just can’t see how to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? It’s a Panasonic RQ-X10 the Walkman.
How do I move that circuit board out of the way of the mechanical parts?
If anyone knows, I’ll be amazed! Thank you.

Last edited by Alans27; 19th Mar 2018 at 6:56 pm.
Old 19th Mar 2018, 10:31 pm   #2
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Panasonic Walkman belt replacement.

If you haven’t already got some, you’ll need some desoldering braid, if it’s anything like the RQ-SX11 that I recently did the pcb must be removed completely to get at the belt. In mine I had to desolder the battery terminal, the 4 pins for the direct drive motor, 2 pins for the solenoid, and 3 plastic backed connections in the top left corner that I don’t know what they were for, possibly mode switch? A fairly small iron tip is a good idea for this job, and also watch out for a ribbon cable for the head too.

Regards
Lloyd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24C5AA52-28FA-4FFD-A6F9-151F244C5C01.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	159510  
Old 19th Mar 2018, 10:42 pm   #3
Alans27
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Panasonic Walkman belt replacement.

Thanks Lloyd, yes mine is a bit like that. Think I might send it somewhere for repair as whilst I can solder, I’m not steady enough to work on this tiny Walkman.
Closed Thread