UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 15th Feb 2018, 3:35 pm   #1
chriswood1900
Octode

Default Aldi Workzone Li-ion Screwdriver

Just taken delivery of one of the Aldi electric screwdrivers, initial impressions very good several useful attachments both right angle and offset a cutter and a selection of bits and seems considerably more powerful than some other cheap ones, comes with a 3 year warranty.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/4-in-1-li-ion...81659189832500.
Chris
Old 15th Feb 2018, 5:22 pm   #2
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Re: Aldi Workzone Li-ion Screwdriver

I bought a slightly bigger two speed one from our local Aldi and then bought another because it was cheaper than buying an extra battery for any other tool.
It is very good but in hammer drill mode in solid brick a mains tool had to come out of the tool box.
Old 18th Feb 2018, 10:21 am   #3
John M0GLN
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswood1900 View Post
Just taken delivery of one of the Aldi electric screwdrivers, initial impressions very good several useful attachments both right angle and offset a cutter and a selection of bits and seems considerably more powerful than some other cheap ones, comes with a 3 year warranty.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/4-in-1-li-ion...81659189832500.
Chris
I've just bought one and although I've not used it yet it appears to be well made, I think the offset adapter will be very useful, there is one query I have though, the 3 LED traffic lights on the drill, the manual says the 'battery status indicator turns green' when fully charged, but the other 2 stay red and amber, does yours do the same?
Thanks
John
Old 18th Feb 2018, 9:05 pm   #4
chriswood1900
Octode

John
Yes they do, when fully charged they are all lit, odd but doesn't seem to matter. Then as it runs down they go amber & red then red.
Chris
Old 19th Feb 2018, 7:40 am   #5
John M0GLN
Octode

Thanks Chris.

John
Old 19th Feb 2018, 8:38 am   #6
stevehertz
Dekatron

Looks good. Does it come with a charger, and is it currently available in Aldi stores?
Old 19th Feb 2018, 8:56 am   #7
John M0GLN
Octode

I bought mine off their website, free P & P, but I think it's available in some stores, all details and the store option is on the link in Chris's first post.

It comes with all the attachments shown and charger.

John
Closed Thread