UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Nov 2017, 3:59 pm   #1
newlite4
Octode

Default Bunker of Doom

Excellent site full of links to projects, manufacturers data and magazine articles, it just goes on and on:

http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/

Neil
Old 17th Nov 2017, 4:25 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Bunker of Doom

Even a cats section!
Old 18th Nov 2017, 12:13 am   #3
Argus25
No Longer a Member

I have been to this site in the past. They have a particularly useful listing of CRT phosphors.
Old 18th Nov 2017, 12:56 am   #4
emeritus
Dekatron

The book "The Boy Electrician" (1948 edition, published 1966) in the "Projects & Knowledge" section is well worth a browse. I was just intending to scroll straight down to the build a radio section, but got diverted by the microphone that can detect a fly's footprints and the how to build your own X-Ray machine projects: wasn't the danger of the latter appreciated by 1966? Instructions are also given for how to do your own Nickel plating, and how to build your own medical shocking coil from scratch that can be used to deter stray dogs from disturbing your dustbin.
Old 18th Nov 2017, 7:25 am   #5
terrybull
Octode

It is odd sometimes how things happen. As a boy I used to visit my local library and over a period of time took out every book on technology and electronics they had. This was a chunk over 50 years ago and many of the books were out of date then. One that for some bizarre reason came into my mind the other day was where it used a carbon rod to hear the footfalls of a fly. There was absolutely no reason I should think of this and then out the blue I read this post from emeritus.
Spooky.
Closed Thread