UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2018, 8:39 pm   #1
Colourstar
Octode

Default All mod cons

I've just found this excellent series (first shown in 1997) on the BBC i-player. This particular episode is devoted to the revolution in household electrical items in the 1950s/60s and uses some wonderful archive clips from Hoover, English Electric and others, including a great TV ad for the Hotpoint Countess - my current washing machine! There's also some lovely footage of vintage electrical showrooms etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...just-switch-on

Depending on what device you view this on, you may have to sign into i-player. On my NOW TV box you don't, but on my computer you do.

Steve
PS- Mods please move this if it's under the wrong section.
Old 30th Jan 2018, 10:51 pm   #2
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: All mod cons

Brilliant!! Watched two of them.