UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2018, 11:14 am   #41
Martin Bush
Octode

Default Re: Bush TP79 cassette

I used to have a Sony pro Walkman but sold it long ago. We also used to use Marantz machines at college which were very good as I recall.

I see you can still get new 'shoebox' players.
Old 21st Apr 2018, 4:50 pm   #42
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Uher made some small cassette recorders (larger than than a Walkman, but much less than 17" wide) that were good quality both in terms of the audio reproduction and the build.

I have a CR210 (not for sale!) which is stereo and has auto-reverse in play mode.

Be warned that they can be tricky to work on, there is a lot packed into a small box, but they are worth it
Old 30th Apr 2018, 2:12 pm   #43
Martin Bush
Octode

I now have the required socket to make up a power lead. Before I go ahead I wanted to check something.

On opening up the socket (or is it a plug? - you know what I mean anyway, the bit that goes into the tape machine) it looks to me as though the mains cables are to be soldered in place.

Is that correct? I was expecting some sort of arrangement similar to a mains plug with screwed terminals.
Old 30th Apr 2018, 2:29 pm   #44
camtechman
Nonode

They are the solder type. There wouldn't be enough room for screw terminals.

The part you have there is this description: Cable ended 2 pin socket, whereas the part already fitted in the machine is designated: Chassis mounted 2 pin plug with switch.
Old 30th Apr 2018, 3:56 pm   #45
Martin Bush
Octode

Thanks. As you say, it does look a bit tight in there.