UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Nov 2023, 5:24 pm   #1
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Trend Data Tester 105

I just got one of these very cheaply in an auction.
It's a fairly chunky serial data tester (4 stacked pcbs inside!) with keypad, display and a useful breakout and patch area based on DB25 connectors.

I would like to use it to check serial data to and from some vintage plotters.

It powers up, now I have removed the very sick NiCd battery pack, which I will re-build.

But I have no idea how to trigger the inbuilt automatic test sequences. I get stuck on messages like "warning. Clears Edit Store", when I try to change "Test Data". I did get QBF (Quick brown fox) displaying as test data for a bit but cannot get back to it. I can display received data from a terminal, so that is progress!

Does anyone remember using these (probably in the 80s) and can help work out how to get the auto test functions? A manual would be nice but there are none online.

any help gratefully received.

-Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0682[1].jpg
Views:	84
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	288817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0683[1].jpg
Views:	61
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	288818  
Old 26th Nov 2023, 8:58 pm   #2
chriswood1900
Octode

Default Re: Trend Data Tester 105

I found this on EEVBLOG hopefully it will be useful.
I could not get a link to the original file to work so reposted here to make it easier.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trend Data Tester 105 Operating Instructions.pdf (1.77 MB, 23 views)
Old 27th Nov 2023, 11:34 am   #3
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: Trend Data Tester 105

Excellent, thank you Chris. I will cross reference your post on the other thread in Vintage Computing.
I think that the main discussion can now go on in Vintage Computing so mods, this thread can be closed - thanks all!
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=205837
-Jeremy
Closed Thread