UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Aug 2017, 1:14 pm   #41
DonaldStott
Octode

Default Re: What's in your loft - in boxes or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglcomp View Post
Not my loft but my gran has a portable gramophone and 2 boxes of 75's, rolei slide projector and slides, and a working bush VHF65 that only needs some capacitors replaced.
Don't want to be too predatory but will these make an appearance in the For Sale section??
Old 7th Aug 2017, 9:02 pm   #42
dglcomp
Heptode

Nope, my inheritance and I aim to keep them as to me they have no monetary value and the radio spends a lot of time in the bedroom I use when I'm over there and actually gets used (just an addendum though it's a VHF64).

As for the records the only one I can remember is The Three Little Pigs from Disney.
Old 19th Aug 2017, 12:23 am   #43
Grubhead
Heptode

A Sherwood Newcastle RDS 925 Receiver. A Ferguson 3272 Tape Deck (bad state). A Leak 3440 Receiver (blown transistors). A Marconiphone Turntable. A Leak Delta Tuner.
Old 19th Aug 2017, 12:32 am   #44
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

This thread also connects with "When my collection takes over!" I would suggest-see my post *5.

Dave W
Old 19th Aug 2017, 1:11 am   #45
Grubhead
Heptode

Perhaps I should then point out why they are up there then!
The Sherwood was withdrawn from service, is in working order. The 3272 is beyond repair. But I can't part with it, as it was my first deck. I suspect, if I ever become famous, that after I have gone it will be worth millions! Just as something rubbish that Shakespeare owned would be today!
The Leak is such a beautiful design that I won't part with it. This particular one was given to me in a none working state by my brother-in-law. I loved it when he bought it. And envied it. Because I could never afforded it at that time. I had to settle with a Ferguson 3440. It just doesn't compare!!!
The turntable is a nice looking model, which could be connected up, but I don't have the space for it downstairs.
The Tuner doesn't take up much room. But is not worth much anyway to sell. It has no sentimental value either.
Old 19th Aug 2017, 8:08 pm   #46
duncanlowe
Nonode

Loads of stuff. Ones that I can remember are a VIC20 and a Wren, various 80s hifi but also a pair of homebuilt seventies speakers with Wharfedale drivers, a telequipment portable scope that runs off nicad C cells and has a CRT, some other test equipment like a Wayne Kerr component bridge and AF and RF sig gens. And loads of car stereo stuff from the eighties / nineties. Topped off by my old CB rigs and a fair number of the bits of my 1953 Moggie Minor.
Closed Thread