UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Dec 2018, 10:47 pm   #1
kwraakie
Retired Dormant Member

Default Mangiadischi Penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
For anyone restoring one of these players. I can supply NOS parts for the 'Penny' portable record player (also sold as Steepletone; Univox Mangiadischi).
Dear Ben

As I am an enthoustast for turntables I came across a Mangiadischi Penny. What an awesome device!! Do you happen to know which brand / type the DC motor is? Next week I am going to restore the player to good playing condition. Also the belt is missing. What are the original dimensions of this kind of belt?

Greetings from Italy!
Old 19th Dec 2018, 11:05 am   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Mangiadischi Penny.

What an appropriate name- "Disc Eater". Hopefully it spits it out again before it's too chewed up!

More seriously, it looks like a piece of interesting '70s ephemera, possibly the last of its kind and no doubt quite collectable now.

A close look at the pulleys should tell you whether the belt is square or flat section and a piece of string wrapped round them will give a good starting point for the length- about 10% less.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 19th Dec 2018, 6:46 pm   #3
RojDW48
Nonode

What a fun thing ! Good luck with it. Please keep us informed.
Old 20th Dec 2018, 1:58 pm   #4
ben
Dekatron

Hi and welcome. Mine is in storage at present, but you can find the belts online - this Italian seller can supply them and may be able to help with the motor, try sending a message. Hope that helps!
Closed Thread