UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jun 2019, 9:55 pm   #1
johnh1954
Retired Dormant Member

Default Speaker help.

Hi all.

I have an NSM Galaxy jukebox and want to repair the speakers. Can anyone tell me how to measure them for new foam is it from inner edge of foam or outer etc?
Old 10th Jun 2019, 10:36 pm   #2
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Re: Speaker help.

There are at least four relevant dimensions:

1. The overall diameter including the lip where the rubber is glued to the frame.

2. The inner diameter at the edge of the lip where the rubber is glued to the cone.

3. The diameter at the outer edge of the bubble.

4. The diameter at the inner edge of the bubble.

The trick really is to find a supplier that can provide all of the dimensions relating to the product on offer and to match those to your measurements. 1 and 2 in particular need to be within 1 mm of your requirements. The bubble size is less critical to the final outcome.

Hope this helps.

Alan
Old 30th Jun 2019, 3:34 pm   #3
leslie5555
Heptode

Default Re: Speaker help.

hello did you manage to find any speaker foam.
If not I had to replace the foam on my Galaxy and I found a firm in the Netherlands called goodhifi back in 2016 and they were able to supply me with the correct sizes and the glue to repair the speakers and it worked a treat.
Closed Thread