UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Oct 2017, 5:20 pm   #1
tobywarren44
Retired Dormant Member

Default NAD 302 amplifier on off sound repeating.

Hi, I am new to this forum so hi to you all, I have an NAD amplifier that I have just turned on after around a year of so, When I turned the power switch on the green light came on but now the power switch just keeps making an off on sound ie a click like you get a second after turning on, It is just repeating itself every 25 seconds, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 22nd Oct 2017, 9:28 pm   #2
Grubhead
Heptode

Default Re: NAD 302 amplifier on off sound repeating.

Presumably a relay of some kind that is activating then switching off due to an overload. Check the main output stage for faults such as shorts.
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 9:33 am   #3
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: NAD 302 amplifier on off sound repeating.

Hi,
Could the speaker leads be shorted somewhere, or not connected properly causing the protection system to kick in?
Just a thought as I don't know this amp at all.
Cheers, Pete.