UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jul 2021, 9:13 am   #1
Kevin Hoyland
Heptode

Default Hallicrafters S36A

Morning all.

On the Bench in the workshop I have a Hallicrafters S36A it is working but I can not understand why it has a 6H6 valve fitted to the under side of the chassis that is connected into the AVC and noise limiter Circuit. This modification was done a long time ago. One more thing is that I can not understand is why a 16uf electrolytic capacitor has been fitted to the 5U4G Rectifier valve. I have the two service manuals for the S36A and the RBk-15 military set and each set has only two 6H6 valves fitted not three. Can anyone remember or know anything about this modification may be it was in PW or other magazines?

Kevin.
Old 18th Jul 2021, 12:12 pm   #2
deliverance
Heptode

Default Re: Hallicrafters S36A

Hi Kev. Search Antique radios forum or join and post . there are many members more familiar with Hallicrafters Hammarlund etc .
Old 18th Jul 2021, 1:17 pm   #3
Kevin Hoyland
Heptode

Default Re: Hallicrafters S36A

Hello Chris. I am a member of it and have posted some time back but no one can help me with it . This is the 3rd S36A i have seen with 3 6H6 valves fitted.

Kev.
Closed Thread