UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Old 17th Nov 2022, 1:49 pm   #1
777xxxx
Tetrode

Default I'm looking for an MK14 emulator with TV emulation.

Does one exist? I've tried downloading the one that's hosted on AOL, through Spectrum Computing but it has a dead link and I can't find any other sources. I had one before but I can't find it on any of my HDD's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
777xxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2022, 2:58 pm   #2
Phil__G
Hexode

Default Re: I'm looking for an MK14 emulator with TV emulation.

Hi, welcome aboard. I think this is the place to be for SC/MP information, plenty of experts here, self excluded
Re the emulation, have you looked at Paul Robsons and Doug Rice's work?
There are also hardware emulations, the popular 'PIC14' is a current forum topic
Cheers
Phil
Phil__G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2022, 3:40 pm   #3
777xxxx
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil__G View Post
Hi, welcome aboard. I think this is the place to be for SC/MP information, plenty of experts here, self excluded
Re the emulation, have you looked at Paul Robsons and Doug Rice's work?
There are also hardware emulations, the popular 'PIC14' is a current forum topic
Cheers
Phil
hi, yes ive looked at it. but i need something with tv emulation.
Old 17th Nov 2022, 4:18 pm   #4
Timbucus
Octode

If you mean pure software emulation I know there is active development to add SOC VDU support to the MAME emulator. Forum member Pernod70 is I suspect doing so from his recent request If that is who I think it is it won't be long before it works.

If you mean hardware emulation (yes I know purists do not see it that way): There is some rough VHDL for an MK14 with VDU support I have running on my Spartan 3 from Daver over on VCFED but, it has some bugs and needs work.

In terms of clones then the Realview and Ortonview provide an addon that will work with the MK14 VI reproduction.
Timbucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2022, 5:03 pm   #5
Pernod70
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbucus View Post
If you mean pure software emulation I know there is active development to add SOC VDU support to the MAME emulator. Forum member Pernod70 is I suspect doing so from his recent request If that is who I think it is it won't be long before it works.
Correct, though I haven't started it yet. Am currently adding floppy support to the Microtan 6809 System, trying to get it to boot FLEX. Once this is working then I'll move onto MK14 VDU support, hopefully very soon.
Pernod70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2022, 3:27 pm   #6
777xxxx
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbucus View Post

If you mean hardware emulation (yes I know purists do not see it that way): There is some rough VHDL for an MK14 with VDU support I have running on my Spartan 3 from Daver over on VCFED but, it has some bugs and needs work.

In terms of clones then the Realview and Ortonview provide an addon that will work with the MK14 VI reproduction.
OK, well here is the link for the one that had a bad link:-

https://worldofspectrum.org/faq/emulators/other.htm

I had it on a HDD and I think it had a VDU emulator also.

Anyone got a copy? All the links are bad.
Old 20th Nov 2022, 3:40 pm   #7
Phil__G
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777xxxx View Post
OK, well here is the link for the one that had a bad link:-
https://worldofspectrum.org/faq/emulators/other.htm
That link would have been Paul's, Doug's is developed from that:
http://www.dougrice.plus.com/dev/seg_mk14.htm
Theres a lot of info under the 'my notes' header.
I met Doug at the retrofest, he's a really nice bloke, why not ask him? his email is at the bottom of his homepage: http://www.dougrice.plus.com/
Phil__G is offline   Reply With Quote