UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 28th Sep 2022, 3:53 pm   #1
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Murphy A50C in SE London

I have been offered a Murphy A50C radio by a gentleman I've bought many other bit of old electronics from, and as it's not really my 'thing' I have agreed to mention it here. He suggested a price of a few 10's of pounds I think. No definite price though.

According to the service manual ('up top') it's a 5 valve +rectifier +tuning indicator superhet. Covers LW, MW, one SW band and the 7m TV sound band (!). It's a large floor-standing cabinet, this is not the tabletop A50

It looks dirty but basically complete. I did not check that all the valves are there, but at least some are. There seems to be a large energised speaker too. The cabinet veneer alas has some damage on the top edges.

It would have to be collected from, I think Petts Wood near Bromley in SE London. You'd need an reasonable car to get it in, it is not small or light.

If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll put you in touch with the seller.
Closed Thread