UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Nov 2022, 2:01 pm   #1
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Roberts RM40 button replacement.

One of the push-buttons on my recently acquired Roberts RM40 had lost its bright aluminium cover , and I disliked the way the grey plastic stump looked out of place.

In the scrap-box I found a 3-way switch that had solid aluminium buttons, which looked remarkably closely matched to the Roberts silver-capped-plastic buttons, though they were about 1/2 an inch too long and the hole for the switch-spindle was too small/not deep enough.

A bit of furtling with a drill and angel-grinder solved both those problems - then a blob of the brown bubbly flavour of Gorilla Glue fixed it so it won't come off ever again.

Unless you look very very closely you can't see that it's a substitute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roberts-button.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	267451   Click image for larger version

Name:	roberts-button2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	267452   Click image for larger version

Name:	roberts-button3.jpg
Views:	99