UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Dec 2019, 1:42 pm   #1
Alex955
Retired Dormant Member

Default Crackles and sizzles in ILP HY200

Hi everyone,

I was some time ago looking for a replacement ILP HY200 amplification module. I had two of those in a single casing and one of them is dead. I found a HY248 that has the same specs and work fine.
Now the other one, bought in '77,is crackling and produces noises when I input a signal from my computer (the other side is clean). When I mute the sound, I get nothing at all (so no noises or cracklings)

My question is: do you think the module is dead? If not, how could I test it? If yes, do you know where i could find a HY200 or a HY248 to replace the old one?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

PS maybe it will help, I'm attaching a picture of the assembly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191209_212447.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	195128  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 11:27 am   #2
G8UWM-MildMartin
Heptode

Default Re: Crackles and sizzles in ILP HY200

Not directly answering the question, but the manufacturer Ian Potts of ILP is selling a newer MOSFET version on www.ebay.co.uk that might possibly be a suitable replacement.
"ILP MOS248 120 Watt Power Amplifier Module" will show it and give his address.
Closed Thread