UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Oct 2019, 8:18 pm   #1
Waltham
Retired Dormant Member

Default Waltham TV radio cassette

Hi
I have just joined this site. I have just bought a Waltham W154 tv radio cassette and everything is working fine. My question is how do I get channels on the tv, what equipment do I need to buy to plug in. I am very new to all of this.
Thank you
Waltham
Old 25th Oct 2019, 8:51 pm   #2
mark pirate
Dekatron

Default Re: Waltham TV radio cassette

If you want to watch TV on it you will need a freeview box with RF output.
Or get a UHF modulator, which will allow you to connect to any external source such as a DVD player or any freeview box via scart lead.

UHF modulators can be found cheaply on ebay.

Mark
Old 25th Oct 2019, 9:03 pm   #3
Panrock
Nonode

Mark is spot on.

Television programmes are no longer transmitted in the way they were when your Waltham was made. So what you need to do is artificially create an old-style signal that it can make sense of. Mark's method will achieve that.

Steve
Old 26th Oct 2019, 1:08 pm   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Freeview boxes with an RF output are fairly unusual, though there are some second hand around such as the Labgear FV400 and certain ones by Alba/Goodmans.
Another way is to use a video recorder. Most have RF output. You can plug your freeview box and DVD player into its SCART socket - and also play your old VHS tapes through the TV!
Old 26th Oct 2019, 3:14 pm   #5
AC/HL
Dekatron

If you have a satellite dish on your house, an old sky box (not the latest ones) will have an analogue output socket. No subscription needed for the free to air channels, but an expired card will sort your local channels out.
Closed Thread