UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Nov 2018, 3:47 pm   #1
jason18
Diode

Default Sony Betamax player SLF1-UB portable, how to remove bolts at the side to clean

Hi to everyone I have got a little problem if anyone can help

I have got myself a sony betamax player slf1-ub it is the portable one with the tuner and what I want to do is clean the portable Betamax player it is very dusty and needs to be cleaned so this is what I did at the top I have 2 normal screws at the top were the eject tray is I have took them out then there is 1 of theses big bolts at each side or whatever it is and I don't know how to take them out cos I don't know what will take them out and I don't know what it is called so does anyone know what theses bolts are called at the side and how do you remove them to get the lid off I have got the eject tray lid off that only had 2 screws that was easy to take out but the bolts I don't know how to take them out so does anyone know how to take them out and put them back in cos I need to clean the inside of this it is very dusty and when it plays a tape it plays with a lot of tracking and I know that when you clean the head drum that usually fixes the tracking problem and plays the tape perfect so can anyone help me with this problem I have also uploaded a picture of the side where you see the bolts there is 2 of them at each side all I need to know is how do you take them out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	173086  
Old 19th Nov 2018, 6:29 pm   #2
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: sony betamax player slf1-ub portable how to remove bolts at the side to clean

The service manual (for the SL-F1E model, but it is probably the same) tells you to take out the 2 screws on top of the cassette compartment cover and then take that off. Then undo 2 screws on the rear and remove the casing. Lift it up at the rear end first to free 2 hooks that clip it to the front panel, and unplug the battery connector lead from the PCB. Then 4 screws on the bottom and take the bottom cover off.
Old 19th Nov 2018, 6:51 pm   #3
jason18
Diode

Default Re: sony betamax player slf1-ub portable how to remove bolts at the side to clean

ok then right this is what I have done so far I have took out the 2 screws at the top the eject tray lid is off but the rest of the lid is on

you say
Then undo 2 screws on the rear and remove the casing, so is there screws inside connected to the bolt then
and you also say Lift it up at the rear end first to free 2 hooks that clip it to the front panel
and you say and unplug the battery connector lead from the PCB. Then 4 screws on the bottom and take the bottom cover off

well my one has a tuner with it not a battery one also I have unplugged all the cables

is it possible for you to take pictures of the bit I am stuck on with the bolt removing it or could you maybe do a video of you remove the screws and the bolt
Old 19th Nov 2018, 6:55 pm   #4
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Hi Jason
I think you will find the two chrome bosses are for attaching a shoulder-strap, and are part of the top cover.

Do as Tony suggests. Sometimes there is a rolled lip on the lower edge of the cover that needs to be pulled slightly away from the base, but I don't know for sure.
Old 19th Nov 2018, 11:40 pm   #5
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Sony Betamax player SLF1-UB portable, how to remove bolts at the side to clean

This video might help you. It's for the American version but it's the same machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbAemn0Ocqs&fbclid

Fivos
Closed Thread