UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jun 2017, 8:06 pm   #1
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Ferguson 3V35/JVC HR-D110/120 - Where is the vertical hold adjustment?

Hi guys. I have a working JVC HR-D110 from which I replaced the Audio/servo board from a spares HR-D120 because the audio stopped working. While the machine is fine, its own recordings produce jittery/jumpy picture on pause mode. I looked on the manuals and I can't where the VH adjust pot is. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Old 22nd Jun 2017, 10:50 pm   #2
jayceebee
Heptode

Default Re: Ferguson 3V35/JVC HR-D110/120 - Where is the vertical hold adjustment?

It's a long time ago but I seem to remember there was an access hole in the bottom cover to adjust the control marked V.Lock. If you've fitted a board from another machine then a full set up of the drum and capstan servos will be required to get the best out of the trick modes i.e. search and pause.

Excellent machines in their day but early versions of the servo/mechacon board looked a bit messy due to the plethora of factory hardware modifications required to circumvent numerous software bugs in the Mechacon CPU. Not a case of just reflashing the NEC CPUs in those days

John.

Last edited by jayceebee; 22nd Jun 2017 at 11:00 pm. Reason: More info
Closed Thread